www.beach-bible.org | Beach Bible Church | 3520 W. 21st Street, Zion, IL 60099
he mission of Beach Bible Church is to glorify God by making mature followers of Jesus Christ.
Beach Bible Church History:
Beach Bible Church began as a Methodist church plant in the unincorporated community of Beach Park in 1930. The group met in homes, halls, and school facilities, and eventually bought property in Beach Park. During the early years, men from Zion churches and Moody Bible Institute came to minister in the church on Sundays.
In 1950, pastor and businessman, Erwin Radant, became pastor of the church. He brought important organizational practices to the church, including board meetings, adoption of a creed, and a membership list. The cornerstone for the church building on Beach Road was laid in August of 1953.
The first full-time pastor, Rev. Leonard Koutz, was called in 1956. During the late 1950s the church decided to withdraw from the Methodist Church and continue as an independent congregation. In the early 1960s Beach was one of the earliest churches to begin an AWANA program.
By the mid-1980s the church had outgrown the facilities in Beach Park. Land was purchased to build a bigger facility, but the opportunity to buy a building on 21st street in Zion arose. It was decided to sell the original building and the land and purchase the present building, which happened in 1994. A west wing was added in 1997 for use in Christian Education, and an east wing was added in 1998 to be used for the youth group.
On October 12, 2001, Beach Bible Church joined the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) and was received as a Free Church at the Great Lakes District conference in Mason, OH.
Beach Bible Church now shares the vision of the EFCA to glorify God by reaching people with the good news of the love of Jesus Christ, both locally and worldwide. Our focus is to proclaim and live out the life-giving word of God in all we do and to equip believers to serve Christ.